Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Why I am Pro Gun

I have two main reasons for being pro gun.

1. The second amendment gives me the right: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." I know the argument but, for whatever reason, "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

2. I am responsible for my self. I shall not rely on anyone else to protect me. That would be giving my freedom away and would be impossible anyway. Unless or until the state can post a police officer to each and every citizen in the country, 24 hours a day, 7 days, 365.4, it is up to us to protect and defend ourselves. Period.

Did you know that guns don't kill people? A gun never "wakes up" and decides to go shoot someone or something. People kill people, there's no getting around it.

Did you know that a "gun free" zone is a target for criminals? If you were a criminal, which would you rather go after, someone with a gun or someone without a gun? This isn't rocket science.


No comments: